Spring is FINALLY here. Do you know what that means? It means it’s time to look at our Spring Home Maintenance Checklist to make sure you are taking the correct preventative measures before hot summer weather rolls around.
Regular home maintenance can help preserve your home, keep your family safe, and lower expenses year after year. Below is a list of spring home maintenance tasks to help ensure your home is in tip-top condition.
- Landscaping – Cut back and trim all vegetation overgrown bushes. Trim leaves and limbs that touch your exterior walls as they can put cut into the paint.
- Clean gutters and downspouts – clogged gutters during rainstorms can cause water to pool and damage your roof or siding
- Make exterior repairs – take a walk around your property look for signs of damage to the roof siding and foundation.
- Sprinklers – Check your lawn sprinkler systems for leaky valves, exposed lines and improperly working sprinkler heads.
- Roof – check the condition of your roof surface flashing, eaves, and soffits. Perform a thorough cleaning
- Window and door screens – clean screening and check for holes. Patch holes replace the screen. Replace worn broken or missing hardware. Tighten and lubricate door hinges and closers.