Pesticides are substances, natural or made by humans, that are used to kill pest plants, animals, insects, and other organisms. Pesticides can be harmful to people animal in the environment. So it’s important to use pesticides the way they were meant to be used and to use as little as possible.
How to use pesticides safely on your lawn. It’s common to use pesticides to control weeds in your grass or lawn. Common lawn problems are:
- Fertilizer imbalances
- Soil compaction
- Not watering properly
- Not mowing properly
If you take good care of your lawn you will have fewer weeds. Having fewer weeds means you can use fewer pesticides.
To safely apply pesticides on your lawn do the following:
- Always follow the instructions on the label carefully.
- We are protective clothing like long sleeves and gloves.
- Don’t spray the whole lawn. Take out weeds by hand or spot spray them.
- Don’t spray when it’s windy or too hot or rainy.
What are some safety tips for using pesticides?
- Always read and follow the directions on the product label.
- Tell your neighbors before your use pesticides on your property. And tell them when the area treated will be safe.
- Because careful around vegetable and flower gardens.
- Don’t drink eat or smoke while applying pesticides.
- Never rub your eyes or touch your mouth while applying pesticides.
- Avoid mixing pesticides together.