The trend of metal roof design has both pros and cons. It’s important to focus on why the metal roofing trend is so popular.
In this blog we will discuss the following positive aspects of this roof design:
- Durability. Metal roofs are made to withstand extreme weather and are very durable. These roofs can easily withstand hurricane wind gusts.
- Variety of colors. Residential metal roofing is. Available in a wide variety of colors. This roofing even has energy-efficient cool roof-rated colors.
- Longevity. Most metal roofs can last 2 to 3 lifespans of an asphalt shingle roof.
- Sustainability. The metal roofing material can consist of up to 30% recyclable material and is 100% recyclable, even 50+ years later.
- Curb appeal. Metal roofs are beautiful.
- Green choice. Thousands of pounds of waste are added to landfills every year from conventional roofing materials like asphalt shingles. Metal roofing is designed to last a lifetime.
- Metal roofing stands up to hail. In many hail-prone areas, homeowners with metal roofing can receive insurance premium discounts. Metal roofing resists hail, even after many decades.